16.11.11

* Guest post * Products for a flawless look, on or off camera.





Hiya! My name is Jessica, also known as JesiDeVa, and I’m the author of the fashion blog, “Musings of a DeVa.” I’m totally excited to be writing as a guest blogger at Bow Tied Beauty! My blog showcases my occasional Look of the Day and often details my life as a fashion writer and stylist for a North Carolina-based publishing company.

I’ve been fortunate to work with a ton of talented makeup artists and hair stylists throughout the years. But if we’re shorthanded on set, I have to take on their duties and “make it work!”  

So I’ve learned a few tricks of the trade on how to look fabulous and flawless in front of the camera. Here are a few tried and true products in my arsenal that’ll help you put your best face forward.

-       If I’m styling a model’s hair, I always tell her to arrive with wet, freshly washed hair. For fine or thin tresses, I’ll apply Nexxus Headress Volumizing Leave-In Conditioner throughout her hair and blow dry with a vent brush for larger-than-life hair that won’t fall flat.




-       Hair + Humidity = Inflated, fuzzy hair. Well, at least that’s the equation for my curly tresses. So after I’ve styled a model’s hair, I spray Garnier Fructis Volumizing Anti-Humidity on fine hair or Garnier Fructis Style Bamboo Flexihold Shine & Hold Spray for bouncy hair that won’t fall flat.






-       For early morning photo shoots, you’re bound to see pale and sallow complexions. My remedy: Maybelline Dream Mousse Bronzer, Glistening Sun. It works on a variety of complexions and blends beautifully for a natural sun-kissed glow. Top off with a light dusting of peach blush on the apples of the cheeks for a healthy look.




-       Have you ever applied your foundation and noticed those blasted wrinkle lines underneath your eyes? Well, so do most of my models. Those pesky creases are inconspicuous until you pile makeup on them. To avoid aging my models on camera, I prep the skin underneath their eyes with Too Faced Wrinkle Injection. I keep a tube in my makeup bag and use it daily.








-       One of the biggest lies ever told is that little to no makeup is needed for a natural look. Maybe this applies for your daily beauty regimen, but not when there are bright lights and cameras aimed at you. Every imperfection is magnified and Photoshopping dark circles, blemishes and the like is expensive and time consuming. A great way to get that freshly airbrushed look for your next photo or an evening out is to brush on Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Loose Powder after you’ve finished applying your makeup. It reflects light and creates a pristine finish. Darker complexions should use this sparingly, as it can give an ashen appearance if you’re not careful.







So there you have it! I hope these products become useful staples in your beauty regimens, as they have mine!

Tootles!
JesiDeVa

3 comments:

  1. These are great tips and I'm on my way to your blog to follow so I can read even more great tips!
    xo,
    Sarah
    http://comingunstitched.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and great tips!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great guest post and amazing beauty products recommendations!!!

    PS. Following you too now doll. Feel free to follow me back if you like =)

    <3 Marina
    Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Design by PaintPotted | Powered by Blogger>