3.4.12

The Concealer Series : L'Oreal 16 Hours Infallible Concealer Review



Finally my first post in 'The Concealer Series' is here! I know it took just a little while getting to but I will now be posting a review every Tuesday :) Let me know if you have any suggestions for me to add to the list...it could be endless!


Today I thought I'd start off with a favourite and good all-rounder: L'Oreal's Infallible Concealer


 L'Oreal is truly one of my favourite brands for concealer. I have yet to try their latest release in their Lumi Magique line, but I really can't fault the ones I've tried so far. The Infallible concealer claims to conceal dark circles and imperfections, whilst lasting up to 16 hours.



Price & Packaging


First of all, like most L'Oreal products, the packaging is sleek and quite bold. I love that it's a stick concealer with a twist top as these are so easy to apply and no fuss at all. Best of all about this product I would say though is the price. At £5.69, it's pretty cheap by L'Oreal standards and does take quite a while to actually use up.

 
Swatched

Consistency & Wear


I got the shade Vanilla 01...as ever I always suit the lightest colour in any range! Sometimes I don't even match the lightest so I'm pleased that this shade seems perfect for my pale skin. In terms of the texture and consistency of the product, I found the infallible concealer to be creamy and lovely to put onto the skin. It blends easily and has great pigmentation (even enough to cover up my dark circles. Big plus!) This is lovely to wear over both dark circles and any pigmentation or redness as it really does a great job of covering any imperfections. Once applied it doesn't budge or smudge very easily and stays in place as it should, always a good thing!

As to whether it lasts for 16 hours or not, hmm, I'm not too sure about that! I think it wears around 6-7 hours for me, which I still think is pretty good...but of course, not really anywhere near what L'Oreal claims. To be honest I have yet to find a concealer that really does last all day.

Blended

Overall this a great concealer that really does cover imperfections and dark circles extremely well. It's nicely pigmented, has a lovely, creamy consistency and blends easily. I have to say that this is a concealer I know I will buy again and again.

Have you tried L'Oreal's Infallible Concealer? 
What concealer do you recommend next for review in the Concealer Series? :)

13 comments:

  1. Great review:) It's good to know you can pick up a great concealer in a drugstore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, I will have to try that for my dark circles! I use Make up for ever full cover, I like it very much but I'm always looking for something better! Thanks for the tip!

    http://outfitsbystacygustin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do recommend it, especially for dark circles :) I've actually never tried Makeup for ever, really need to! x

      Delete
  3. I am always trying different concealers for dark circles! The Real Techniques brushes are really quite affordable...the buffing brush is awesome, obvs, but I love blending my undereye concealers with their Deluxe Crease Brush. Learned that on Pixiwoo tutorials! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to try some real technique brushes, thanks for the tip...been searching for a good concealer brush for a while now! :) x

      Delete
  4. This is really helpful as I have been looking for a concealer stick; I have the select moisture cover by Mac but that's watery :) Thanks love
    xxxAfeeyahxxx
    http://smilerrr.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help :) In terms of stick concealers I haven't really found better, although I think body shop's pencil version almost rivals it x

      Delete
  5. Love the infallible lipsticks! Your review is so comprehensive!! Thanks for sharing! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog
    Let's Twitter Together
    Friend and Fan on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I haven't tried the infallible lipsticks, might have to now! :) x

      Delete
  6. I don't use concealer but maybe I should start. Thanks for the review & comment on my blog :)

    Click here to visit me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been looking for a new concealer for a while, might give this one a try! Just followed you hun :) xxx http://beachflowerr.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, I am now following you too......:-)
    Don't forget to check out my giveaway- Revlon Lip Butters and Maybelline Color Tattoos.
    http://allthingsbeautymake-upandshopping.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/giveaway-revlon-lip-butter-and.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Design by PaintPotted | Powered by Blogger>