23.4.14

OliElla Moisturiser, Candle and Lip Balm Review


A little while ago I was contacted by Deidre from a brand I hadn't heard of before called OliElla. I was immediately taken by the gorgeously illustrated packaging, and after finding out that all products are 100% natural and organic, I said yes instantly to trying a few out. Diedre was kind enough to send me three full-size products and I was so excited when I received them.

Every product is hand-made and the brand came about as a result of Deidre's passion for natural products and the desire to find a solution to her children's sensitive skin and eczema.



The first product I tried out was the Multi Action Moisturiser, described as 'luxurious and restorative to soothe, nourish and hydrate your skin'. Each ingredient has been carefully selected, with mango butter to moisturise, and aloe vera and chamomile picked to help soothe sensitive skin, as well as lavender to heal and rose geranium for its balancing and relaxing properties. The cream can be used on the face or body, and I began to use it on my elbows, knees and hands before I went to bed each night. The texture and consistency is rich, but also light and fluffy and easily smoothes over skin, so I love applying this! Whilst it doesn't absorb straight away as it is quite rich, there's no greasy, oily feel to it either, and so I also recently started using it on dry patches of skin on my face. The result was instant, as the patches cleared up within a couple of days and I have been so impressed! I still do also apply this on my body at night and always wake up to softer, hydrated skin in the morning, but it's such a great treatment for the face as well, and I'm also tempted to try this as a eye treatment. This will no doubt be a re-purchase for me and a product I'm so glad to have discovered!

Ingredients: Mango butter, Aloe Barbadensis, Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Lavender Water, Lavender Essential Oil, Chamomile Essential Oil, Rose Geranium Essential Oil



I had been on the look out for a couple of new candles with more refreshing scents for Spring recently, so I was so happy when I also received this Basil and Lemon candle. All OliElla candles are made with 100% soya wax and the wicks are made form untreated cotton to avoid the toxic smoke of regularly treated wicks. The scent comes purely from essential oils, and the lemon and basil aroma is full of fresh, earthy, as well as zingy citrus notes that combine perfectly and seemed to breath a bit of life into the room. I now love burning this for the uplifting scent and really don't want to finish it, but when I do I think mint will be next on my list from the range!

Ingredients: Soy Wax, Lemon Essential Oil, Basil Essential Oil



The last product I had the pleasure of trying was the Rose Geranium lip balm. The simple list of moisturising ingredients it contains means I always have soft, hydrated lips whenever I apply it, and lasts a good few hours too. The texture is smooth and creamy, and I can easily swipe a little with my finger whenever I need to without having to warm the balm up. The scent is also wonderful and anyone who loves rose will definitely appreciate it. The subtle pink colour (whilst it doesn't produce a tint) always brightens my day when I take the balm out to apply. This has been firmly kept in my handbag as a travel essential for the last few weeks and I couldn't be without it now. 

Ingredients: Mango Butter, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Jojoba Wax, Rose Geranium

I'm so glad I've had the chance to try these three products out and to have discovered such a great brand. I love everything, from the ingredients to the packaging to the affordable pricing, and I know I'll be purchasing OliElla products regulary in the future.  

Have you tried anything from OliElla?

*PR Samples

25 comments:

  1. Looks like a really nice brand, I haven't heard of it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I was introduced to them, they're definitely worth checking out :) x

      Delete
  2. I have the moisturiser and I love it very much, so silky soft and works wonders on my dry legs :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The texture is just so lovely, it's such a unique product and definitely agree about it being silky soft :)

      Delete
  3. Nice range...Not sure I would use the moisturiser for the face as I find balm really to heavy to wear it during the day.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think that may just work for me as i have such dry skin, although I only apply that at night, but for anyone else who doesn't suffer with that I think it's perfect to use on the body x

      Delete
  4. Never heard of the brand but the products are beautifully packaged. The candle and moisturizer sound exceptionally amazing xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the moisturise is my favourite :) x

      Delete
  5. Great review, love the sound of the candle as I'm also on the look out for a fresh spring scented candle - lemon and basil sounds perfect! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a lovely combination, couldn't recommend it more :) x

      Delete
  6. Haven't heard of this brand but I love the packaging and a mint scented candle sounds too good (I love mint)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too, can't wait to try that one next! x

      Delete
  7. I love this packaging! These sound like such good products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I've really loved each one I've tried :) x

      Delete
  8. I love lemon candles! I think this will be going on my wish list! Thank You xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has such a nice scent, I'm sure you'll love it :) x

      Delete
  9. Never heard of this brand, they look cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the products really do look tempting, I would definitely put it down to the cute packaging :p x

      Delete
  10. Oooh looks lovely, especially love the packaging :-)
    Rach xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :) The products are of such high quality too - really love each one I've tried! xx

      Delete
  11. How gorgeous is the packaging! The lip balm would be right up my street, especially as I love rose geranium xx

    Quite Frankly She Said - UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in love with the packaging! The candle sounds especially good :) x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  13. These products sound amazing, I especially love this cute package!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely post Tania :-) They all sound great - I'm especially intrigued by the Basil & Lemon candle, seems like it'd be a really nice spring scent! Reasonably priced too - most natural candles tend to be super expensive! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Design by PaintPotted | Powered by Blogger>