3.4.14

Samples from Good for Me-Good For You



Quite a while ago I was lucky enough to receive a few skincare goodies, kindly sent to me by Hephzibah. I loved all three things she sent and got to try out some products during winter that I'd been swooning over for such a long time. I thought as I got on so well with them, I'd do a few mini reviews...






Ila Revitalising Face Mask - I'm so glad I got to try a sample as I'm not sure I'd be able to afford a big pot of this luxury face mask, which always seems to get rave reviews! As someone with sensitive skin, I was a little hesitant at first to apply a mask that dries, but I thought that with a base of green clay and added rosehip oil and argan oil among other nourishing ingredients, I should be fine. Luckily that was the case, and although my skin did feel a bit tight after a while, once I washed the mask off I was left with radiant, moisturised skin that definitely seemed to look a little clearer as well.  

Pai Rosehip Bioregenerate Oil - Pai always seems to be the go-to brand for many of us with sensitive skin, and for me their products never disappoint. I'd never tried their rose hip oil before so I was really excited to see this was included in what Hephzibah had sent. I'm such a fan of face oils as I find my dry skin is always in need of an extra dose of hydration and I began to put this in my routine for a week until the bottle ran out. Just after about there or four days in I began to notice that my skin didn't seem so irritated and looked a lot calmer. Pai claims their rose hip oil improves the appearance of damaged skin and is naturally healing, which I think I saw slightly by the improvement in my complexion, however I think I'd need to buy the full size bottle and use it over a much longer period of time to recognise any big changes, which I definitely plan on! My skin also felt very hydrated and comfortable, which is always important to me, and I love the fact that this product simply contains three ingredients  - something my skin always seems to appreciate. 

Akumati Sweet Orange Cleansing Cream - I think this cream was actually my favourite sample out of the lot. Previously I've often used rich cleansing balms or heavy cream cleansers to wash my skin and take my makeup off in the evening. Whilst this product is a actually more like a balm to me, it's also unlike any other I've used before, with a very light, smooth texture that doesn't give you the greasy, oily feel you can usually get which sometimes leaves my skin feeling overwhelmed. Even better was that it also felt lovely on and was very cooling and soothing, but also nourishing at the same time. After applying this and washing it off with a muslin it felt like my skin gave a giant sigh of relief at how much better it felt! Not only does it make my skin comfortable and feeling moisturised, but I also felt it plumped and actively helped to repair and improve my skin, not to mention the sweet orange scent is amazing and makes it a real pleasure to apply. I think for anyone with dry or sensitive skin like myself this is a brilliant product and one I'll be purchasing full size.

Thanks again to Hephzibah for sending me a great lot of samples that I've absolutely loved trying out. If you haven't already checked out her blog - Good For Me, Good For You - then I definitely recommend it!

16 comments:

  1. I love the rosehip oil - I use it every night. It's packed full of vit A so it can with help collagen production too! I'm so intrigued about the orange cleanser - must remember the name and tell me! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why, it really seemed to make a difference in my skin for the short time I was using it! x

      Delete
  2. Nice samples! I am very interested in trying out the Orange Cleansing Balm now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice products, I love the sound of the Akamuti cleanser in particular x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie, will do a full review on the full size version soon x

      Delete
  4. Akamuti cleanser sounds really lovely, will have to check it out :) Oh and Pai oil is the best!<3 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do and have to agree, I love Pai products :) x

      Delete
  5. These all sound great, especially the Akamuti Cleansing Cream :) x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really loved trying it and just ordered the full size :) x

      Delete
  6. Lovely samples, Hephzibah is a lovely blogger, I like her blog (as well as yours x) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you enjoyed the samples! I hope you continue to love the Akamuti cleanser - I think it's almost worth buying just for that gorgeous scent! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Design by PaintPotted | Powered by Blogger>